Professional Translations SRL
The terms and conditions described are valid and apply to all websites in the domain PT and for which the company Professional Translations SRL is author / owner / administrator. All these websites (as currently existing or subsequently implemented), as well as the website www.professional-translations.eu are hereinafter generically referred to, individually or collectively, as site and /or sites.
In this document, the words in singular include the plural, the words in plural include the singular, the words indicating the masculine gender include the feminine, and the words indicating the feminine gender include the masculine.
PT commits to protecting the privacy of our clients and takes the responsibility regarding the security of the clients’ information very seriously. We shall be clear and transparent in terms of the information we collect and of what we shall do with such information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- what personal data we collect and process about you within your relation to us as client and your use of our site and of the online services;
- from where we obtain the data;
- what we do with the the data;
- how we store the data;
- to whom we transfer / reveal the data;
- how we manage your data protection rights;
- and how we observe the data protection rules.
All personal data is collected and processed according to the data protection laws in Romania and EU.
“SC Professional Translations SRL” (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “PT” in this policy), first refers to the company Professional Translations SRL, registered in Romania to the Trade Register Office Timiș under no. J35/3441/2005, fiscal code RO18076982 and the headquarters in Mun. Timișoara, str. Pompiliu Ștefu, Nr.12, jud.Timiș. PT is the “data operator” for all personal information collected and used in relation to PT clients, in the meaning of the provisions in the Romanian laws and the EU Regulation 679/2016 regarding personal data processing.
What type of data we collect
Personal data means any information regarding you, allowing us to identify you, such as your name, contact data, payment details and information on your access of our site.
We can collect personal data from you when you create a PT account in order to assess our offers or purchase an on-line or off-line service, when you use the website or other sites accessible by means of our website, when you participate to a poll or contest or when you contact us.
We shall process any type of data only if you provide your explicit consent or this is required by the laws in force at that time or you intentionally make such data public.
What do we use your personal data for, why and for how long
Your data can be used for the purposes below:
- To provide the products and services requested: we use the information you provide to carry out the services requested, including changes requested in relation to such services;
- To contact you in case of changes in the procurement conditions. Such information is not commercial in nature and you cannot unsubscribe;
- To verify the credit card or another type of payment card: we use your payment information for accounting, invoicing and audit purposes and to detect and / or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- For administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical analysis and marketing, system testing, studies regarding client satisfaction, maintenance and development or to settle a dispute or claim. Our company does not profile the data on grounds of the data we collect from you for statistical analysis and marketing. Any profiling activity shall only be carried out upon your prior consent and making all endeavours to ensure that the basic data is correct.
- Security, health, administration, crime prevention / detection: it is possible to submit your data to governmental authorities or law enforcement bodies to observe the legal requirements;
- For communications of the Client Support Service: we use your data to manage our relationship to you as client and to improve the services and your experience with us;
- To provide customise services: we use your data to provide information we think might interest you before, during and after your purchase and to customise the services offered, such as special offers;
- Marketing: from time to time, we shall contact you with information on promotional offers and related products by means of online communications. However, you shall have the option to subscribe or unsubscribe to / from such communications, indicating this when you create the PT account. Also, with every communication from us, you shall have the opportunity to indicate if you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing materials.
We shall process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis depends on the reasons for which we collect and must use your personal data.
In most cases, we must process your personal data to introduce it in our sale agreement with you.
Also, we can process your personal data in one or several of the following situations:
- To observe a legal obligation (for instance, tax or customs requirements or consumer protection requirements);
- You have given your consent to use your personal data (for instance, the use for commercial purposes);
- To protect your vital interests or of another person;
- This is part of our legitimate interests in our operation as trade company (for instance, for administrative purposes).
Only children at least 16 years old can give their consent. For younger children, the consent of parents or legal guardians is required.
We shall not retain your data for longer than necessary to complete the purpose for which it is processed. In order to set the appropriate retainment period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve such purposes by other means.
Also, we must consider the periods necessary to keep personal data to observe legal obligations (for instance, client claims) or to handle claims, questions and to protect legal rights in case of claims.
When we no longer need your personal data, we shall delete or safely destroy it. Also, we shall consider whether and how we can minimise in time the amount of personal data we use and whether we can ensure the anonymity of your personal data, so that it can no longer be associated to you or identify you, in which case we can use such information without subsequently notifying you.
International data transfer
PT does not transfer personal data collected abroad, regardless of being EU countries or countries outside the European Economic Area.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data is not communicated to other PT partners or associate companies.
- Governmental authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulating authorities to observe legal requirements;
- Credit and debit card companies facilitating your payments to us and anti-fraud screening, which may require information on your payment method and the product delivery to process the payment or to ensure the security of your payment operation;
- Legal consultants and other professionals, courts and law enforcement bodies in all areas where we operate, to enforce legal rights in relation to our agreement with you;
Cookies and site monitoring
Data protection responsible
We have assigned a Data Protection Responsible (“DPR”) to supervise the observance of this policy. If you have questions regarding this policy or the way we handle your personal information, please contact the DPR at email@example.com. Your have the right to submit a complaint at any time to a supervising authority. The National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing is the main authority for the supervision of data protection for PT as Romanian data operator.
Your rights related to data protection
In certain circumstances, according to law, you have the right:
- To request information on the fact that we hold personal information on you and, if so, the information concerned and why we have / use it.
- To request access to your personal information (known as “subject access request”). This allows you to receive a copy of the personal information we have on you and verify if we legally process it.
- To request the correction of personal information we have on you. This allows you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we have on you.
- To request the deletion of your personal information. This allows you to request us to delete or remove personal information where there are no solid grounds to continue to process it. Also, you have the right to request us to delete or remove your personal information if you exercise the right of opposing the processing (see below).
- To oppose the processing of your personal information if we have a legitimate interest (or of a third party) and there is something about your specific situation that makes you object the processing for such reason. Also, you have the right to object if we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- To oppose automatic decision making, including the profile analysis, i.e. not to be subject of any automatic decision by using your personal information or the analysis of your profile.
- To request restrictions in terms of your personal information processing. This allows you to request us to suspend your personal information processing, for instance if you want us to set the accuracy or the reasons of processing.
- To request the transfer of your personal information in electronic and structured form to you or any other party (usually known as “data portability”). This allows you to take your data from us in an electronic usable form and transfer the data to another party in an electronic usable form.
- To withdraw your consent. In the limited circumstances in which you give your consent for the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a certain purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent, at any time, for the respective processing. Once we receive your notification on the withdrawal of your consent, we shall no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes for which you give your initial consent, except for the case when we have another legitimate basis to that end.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an e-mail to our Data Protection Responsible at the address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact them by mail at the address Professional Translations SRL, str. Pompiliu Ștefu, Nr.12, Timișoara, jud.Timiș.
You shall not be charged for accessing your personal information (or for exercising any of the remaining rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your access request is obviously lacking grounds or is exaggerated. Also, we can deny the request in such situations.
We may need to request specific information to confirm your identity and to ensure the right to access the information (or to exercise the other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure personal information is not revealed to any person not entitled to receive it.